Wisconsin’s Social Host Law
Click on the titled-link to see information about Sanctioning Adults Who Allow Underage Drinking on Property They Control and How the State Law Works Locally.
Wisconsin’s Social Host Law makes it illegal to provide a location for underage drinking which could cost you a $500 or jail time consequence.
Tips for Parents on Underage Drinking
This is a step-by-step guide for parents that want to start the conversation about underage drinking with their family. This will help prepare parents and assist them in navigating this sensitive topic.
How Alcohol Affects the Brain: A Guide for Parents
This website offers important information for parents that explains how alcohol impacts the teenage brain.
Discuss Alcohol with Kids
This website offers prevention programs and education resources to begin conversations about underage drinking.
Alcohol Facts and Statistics
This website offers some of the most up to date info on trends related to alcohol and its consequences.
Underage Drinking in Wisconsin – poster
From the Wisconsin Department of Health Services you will look at the facts about alcohol use in high school students, the cost of underage drinking in Wisconsin, and some fast facts about alcohol and youth.
Alcohol Treatment Center
If you want more information on alcoholism and possible method of treatment, Arbor Place Inc. is a good starting point. This website provides resources to begin learning about what alcoholism is and provides support as you begin to recover from addiction.
RETAILERS & CAREGIVERS/PARENTS
Alcohol Beverage Laws for Retailers – Underage Alcohol Questions
- What is the legal drinking age in Wisconsin?
- Can children be in a bar with their parents?
- Can an underage person possess and consume alcohol beverages on licensed premises?
- Are there other times that underage persons can be on licensed premises?
- Can “teen nights” or “alcohol free nights” be held at taverns?
- Are there any places an unaccompanied underage person can possess alcohol beverages?
- As a licensee, how do I ensure that the person across the bar, at the counter, or at the table is old enough to be there and to drink?
- A lot of fake IDs are out there. How do I protect myself against being fooled?
- Is it a serious violation to make a fake ID?
- You said that underage persons can work at licensed premises. Does this mean any age?
- Are there any restrictions for underage persons who are musicians or other performers?
- Can I get into trouble if somebody I serve goes out and injures or kills somebody?
- Does Wisconsin have a prohibition on hosting underage drinking parties?
For answers click the title above to be taken to the State of Wisconsin Department of Revenue at Wisconsin.gov website page