How Substance Users may be Impacted:
- COVID-19 attacks the lungs. Here are some drugs that cause lung damage which can increase your risk of a serious infection:
- Smoking Tobacco
- Smoking Marijuana
- Opioid Use Disorder
- Methamphetamine Use
- Those with Obstructed Pulmonary Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, and other Respiratory Diseases are at an increased risk for severe COVID-19 infections and complications.
- Hand-to-Mouth motions, commonly associated with smoking/vaping, may increase the likelihood of the virus getting into your system.
- Isolation and stress can contribute to relapses.
Resources to Help:
- Connect with Arbor Place Inc. to start your journey to recovery
- Virtual Recovery Resources
- CDC: Ways to Cope
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: COVID-19 Resources